Maplewood Garden Club Plant Sale
Thursday, May 9: Noon – 8 p.m.
Friday, May 10: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 11: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(rain or shine!)
Maplewood Community Pool parking lot
187 Boyden Ave, Maplewood, NJ
We Did It!
An INCREDIBLE amount of work has gone into getting ready for it. A great big THANK YOU to everyone who helped out along the way. Below is just some of the events involved in getting ready for the sale:
- The Potting Up Party at the end of Winter. Run by Laura Nails.
- TEAM TOMATO led by Jim Myracle planted over 1400 seeds in just 2 hours. The Grafters with sharp eyes & blades grafted heirloom and hybrid tomato and eggplant seedlings onto Estimino root stock for a stronger plant. Check out the complete list of the 2019 Tomato Descriptions.
- Lots of things were maintained and tended in the greenhouses, the quonset, and in people’s homes and at UFF Corp. (Liz’s business). Thanks to Liz Demkin, David Nial, Helen Kensinger, Joanne Beckerich, and Jim Myracle.
- Kathy Kohlman managed the geraniums.
- EVERY PLANT needed a label, so with EVERY order Laura Nails wrote up hundreds of little plastic labels.
- EVERYTHING needed a sign with a picture and a description. With EVERY order, Sharon Stewart and Joanne Beckerich wrote, printed, and laminated.