Maplewood Garden Club Plant Sale
Thursday, May 9: Noon – 8 p.m.
Friday, May 10: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 11: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(rain or shine!)
Maplewood Community Pool parking lot
187 Boyden Ave, Maplewood, NJ
Preparations are Underway!
An INCREDIBLE amount of work has gone into getting ready for it. NOW is the time we need your help so please sign up at the club meetings or call the person in charge when you can. THANKS to all who have been helping and all those who will be helping this month…
- Put on your PARTY SHOES, the Potting Up Parties will happen this month. Contact Laura Nial to join the fun at our annual Potting Up Party
- TEAM TOMATO is starting to plant and graft. If you have a steady hand want to help, contact Jim Myracle. Check out the complete list of the 2019 Tomato Descriptions.
- Lots of things are being maintained and tended in the greenhouses, the quonset, and in people’s homes and at UFF Corp. (Liz’s business). Thanks to Liz Demkin, David Nial, Helen Kensinger, Joanne Beckerich, and Jim Myracle.
- Kathy Kohlman ordered geraniums.
- EVERY PLANT needs a label, so with EVERY order, Laura Nial is writing up hundreds of little plastic labels.
- EVERYTHING needs a sign with a picture and a description. With EVERY order, Sharon Stewart and Joanne Beckerich are writing, printing, and laminating.
- Kathy Kohlman reserved the pool parking lot and scheduled the state Agriculture Inspector. If you have any ideas or suggestions please call or email me. PLEASE help whenever and wherever you can. Many of these tasks are great learning experiences for novice gardeners AND a great way to meet